What are Dental Implants?
- Most dental implants are small posts most of which are made out of Titanium.
- They are surgically placed into the jawbone and are a replacement for a missing tooth or teeth.
- The jawbone then over time fuses with the implant – a process that generally takes between 3- 6 months.
- During this healing period to help you function as normally as possible we place a temporary restoration or removable plate with natural looking teeth.
- Dental crowns – Once the implant and jawbone have integrated (fused), impressions if your teeth and the implants are taken and sent to a dental lab (we only use Australian labs) so that your porcelain crown can be made. This will then be fitted securely into your implant.
The benefits of dental implants
Increased self-confidence – No more gaps in your smile, a better lifestyle with being able to eat, speak smile and laugh again
Better chewing and biting – Implants will enable chewing of any type of food as well as restoring a firm bite.
Preserving bone structure – Loss of teeth means bone loss in the area over time and change of structure. Implants maintain a more natural state of the jaw and facial structure
Comfortable and natural – Implants are the best way to replace a natural tooth. They feel natural and comfortable in function and aesthetis
Preserving integrity of surrounding teeth – Implants help keep teeth in their original positions, preventing teeth moving to adjacent gaps, thus maintaining the integrity of the mouth and jaw.
Would you like to book an implant consultation?
At the consultation we find out what you would like to achieve before carrying out a thorough assessment for suitability. We then present a plan which includes the number of appointments and costs.
If you have further questions at any stage please feel free to ask us.