How To Clean Your Teeth At Home
We all know it’s so important to take care of our teeth and gums, and maintain our oral health. So how do we do this properly at home?
For a sparkling clean smile and a healthy mouth, here’s what you need to do:
- Brush your teeth and tongue gently with your manual or electric brush in the morning and night – after meals.
- Place the brush at a 45 degree angle to the gums and move it up or down or in circular motions across the tooth surface.
- Start with the outer surface, then the inner and chewing surfaces – aim for 2 minutes.
- DON’T rinse out afterwards – just SPIT and wipe your mouth to leave toothpaste in your mouth for as long as possible.
- Brush your tongue gently
- Floss between your teeth – every day is ideal (usually at bedtime) and to make it less of a chore, you can floss while you watch television!
- Wrap some floss around your fingers and gently push the floss between all your teeth, gently sliding back and forth once or twice.
- If you can’t floss, then you can clean in between your teeth with interdental brushes.